peach melba 3/12/365

peach melba 3/12/365 by fragglerocks
peach melba 3/12/365, a photo by fragglerocks on Flickr.
Got up late this morning, well woke up early enough but sat around in bed with the papers and teas and coffee and Herky, then realised it was 20 to 1 and I had an appointment at hairdressers at 1 haha. Moved fast and got there in time phew.

This afternoon I cleaned out my bathroom and did some washing and other boring chores, and then went off to Asda to do some shopping, what an exciting life. Phil went over to South Shields as there was a family gathering at a pub - I didn’t go as had stuff to do, and I’m really crap at family gatherings, and this was all his deceased wife’s side of the family so I never really feel I ‘fit in’ though they’re all perfectly lovely to me. Suppose I’m stupid really. And I would have gone if we’d known it was going on and had planned for it- as it was Phil forgot all about it until they texted him from the pub, and by that time I was on my way out of the door to Asda. Plus Phil’s been in a funny mood today, not sure what’s going on there. So best keep out of the way and make like a mouse ☺

Did a nice dinner, nachos and crispy chicken fajitas and am stuffed now. Looking forward to tomorrow, Phil’s working and I’m off out togging with The Rev, Minzalu & her boyfriend who’s over from spain visiting. We’re off to Belsay Hall so fingers crossed for good weather, or at least no rain.

And this photo, I came across this little cake in a shop, and I thought it must be lemon because the icing is bright yellow, but it says Peach Melba on the packet. Never had one or heard of one before, but it looked pretty so I thought I’d buy it to photograph. Not much of a cake fan so Phil can have it for his supper.

Why’s it yellow when it’s a peach thing????

Herky report- no coughing or fainting, everything fine today :)

Comments