12/11/365

12/11/365 by fragglerocks
12/11/365, a photo by fragglerocks on Flickr.

This wasn’t the photo I intended post for today. I went on a Flickrchum walkabout with the Rev up at Druridge Bay this afternoon and had an absolutely fab time, and even got a couple of good shots! One of which should be posted for today, but in truth I haven’t even been upstairs yet to the Mac to download my pics, because I’m spending my evening and night sitting with this little chap.

I took Yoyo back to the vet this morning, because he still isn’t eating at all, and now seems a bit unsteady on his back legs. Can’t get the antibiotic tablets down him and I thought they may be able to give him an injection instead. The vet said basically the antibiotics are not the problem… the fuck off huge tumour is. She thinks it’s time to ‘put him to sleep’. But that isn’t how it is is it? If you go to sleep you bloody wake up the next day. What she means is it’s time to put him to death. She thinks it’s the right time because the alternative is not a good option in any way shape or form. And I know that in my heart because in the past I’ve had to have a cat put down and probably left it too long and then felt so guilty. So she’s right, it’s time. But the thought of not seeing this little face ever again is causing me great pain. And tonight for whatever reason, Yoyo is not outside sitting in the bushes, he’s sitting in the TV room curled up and purring on the sofa and he’s been here since I came home 5 hours ago, and so have I. Never knew how much crap is on TV on a Saturday night before now!!
Keep having a little stroke of him, but not too much to bother him. Might be here all night! Haven’t told Phil because he’s away having a great weekend with ‘the lads’ and there’s no point in spoiling that, he’ll have to know soon enough tomorrow night.
Herky seems to know something’s going on, he’s not being his usual me-me-me self and keeping out of the way.
It’s really hard.
Am so glad for the afternoon outing, think I was in shock really after the vet, and going on a photography trip gave my brain a few hours space before it all sunk in. The Rev is great company and really helpful – it’s good to get a bit of help from someone a bit further down the line, and the photographic opportunities were copious and diverse, plus a fantastic sunset to end on. Magic trip out!

Comments

  1. Poor, poor yoyo :(. And poor, poor you & Phil. Hope that all goes as well as these things possibly can in the coming days.

    Thanks for a great day out and the kind comments.

    Rev.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment