one of my hero's died today.. 6/10/11

Mr Jobs died today, and I’ve been a fan of his stuff for a long time. I spend a lot of time on my mac, for work, for pleasure – my photo editing, my emails, my research, and my mac just looks gorgeous and acts so efficiently. I have 2 I-phone 4’s, one for work and one for personal, and my old 3G went to Phil. Haven’t succumbed to the I-pad yet, but it’s on the cards for Christmas. I love my I-pod and bought a B&W Zeppelin to play it on, sounds fantastic as I write this. I’ve heard on the radio people saying he shouldn’t be so revered, and it makes us a sad society that a man of gadgets is so, but my work life is made much more palatable for being able to do it on a thing of beauty, and the I-phone has been a great fun tool for photography, these gadgets make me smile, a lot. If that makes me shallow so be it, but I think not.

I hope apple continue with great innovation and design, but I wonder if in losing it’s heart, the head will follow. I hope not.

Anyway’s RIP Mr. Jobs, I’m sad that you’re gone, and that it happened while you were still so young.

Apart from that, a good day today, a new client I well chuffed at bagging, I did a good job and am looking forward to ‘doing’ my stuff for this guy.

Comments