music to my ears 9/10/365

I wonder about myself sometimes. I used to be really good at modeling, I mean painting model figures, not rolling up the catwalk! Lol. I was quite good, and won prizes for it, and stuff, but when I went to Folkestone the first time and saw what the really fantastic figure painters could do, I kind of lost hope. Now I think I was supposed to be inspired, to see what could be done and know that I was on the way there and able to be that good too. And instead of that I kinda gave up bit by bit. I think in my heart I knew I couldn’t give that much commitment required to be that good, I wanted it easy maybe? I just didn’t have time anyway.

Photography was a wow thing for me to find, Flickr helped me out there, was so wowed by what I saw, and this time I did feel inspired and aspirational, but bit by bit, I’m not matching up to my inspirations or aspirations. My heart’s kind of sunk a bit with it, and I think my challenge this week did me in a bit, it took me ages to sort, I wasn’t that happy with the result, and as I finished it up I was thinking ‘what the F**k am I doing??? I don’t want to be shooting lego men! WTF is that all about?? I don’t care it got loads of comments and stuff, I don’t like it. So am going to stop looking at other peoples stuff for a while, stop being in groups and just do my own thing. Must keep up with my 365, I don’t quit! So will post my photo’s and leave the comments off, and when I’m all Ok again, I’ll go back.

Was an Ok day today, all Phils kids and grandkids cameover, then we had a really nice Sunday lunch I cooked, and now I’m here, Phil’s doing his guitar practice, work looms tomorrow, and I didn’t do as much on my accounts as I wanted to ☹ Think I’m in a slump lol.

Oh!! The photo – well, Music…to my ear.

Comments

  1. The level of empathy I feel with paragraph 2 is extraordinary. Both generally and with flickr in particular. For a start, I think flickr has it's own seductive 'aesthetic', and woe betide if you don't subscribe to it...It also like to reward people who comment lots which is no bad thing in itself, but also encourages meaningless amounts of 'Great captures" and "lovely shots"...

    Please keep at it though Fraggs, you have a lovely eye and superb awareness of light (imho) and you really do produce some fascinating images.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment