Apollo 7 11/10/365

Apollo 7, what an amazing story, launched on this day 1968. I was looking for something for my 365 folr todays date, and the story of Apollo 7 came to light, I won’t go into it all here, but was quite taken with the whole thing, and Wally Schirra! What a guy! Well worth reading the story here :-

http://www.honeysucklecreek.net/msfn_missions/Apollo_7_mission/hl_apollo7.html

I think it struck a chord with me as I’ve been suffering with a really bad cold for 3 weeks, though am on the mend now, and have had to battle on through it- of course I’m not in a spacecraft (though Phil might disagree lol) so have an affinity with Wally.

Anyway I wondered how to portray it, and nearly resorted to a Blue Peter fashioning of a toilet roll rocket – but considering my experiences with lego men, decided against that. I’d shoot the moon instead. Except when I went down stairs it was orange clouds in the sky and lots of rain going on. So I took a night shot through the window, and imagined that this would be kind of like the view they had as they were lifting off into dark space – if it was raining haha (it don’t rain in space lol). A tenuous stretch of the imagination I’m sure but it does it for me ☺

Not a bad day, lots of driving, saw lots of clients, done some washing, cleaned out the catlitter tray and disinfected it – ah the life of a rocket-girl!

Comments

  1. sorry im so behind :~( i love this photo! one of your best i think! sorry you have been sick... its horrible when you cant shake a cold.i will catch up on your blog soon i promise! i couldnt comment on this pic on flickr only fav it! which i would have anyway! :~) i have to say im not to sure about your new font it looks really pretty and lovely but its a little hard to read. i hope im not sounding like a bitch! i wouldnt say anything to be mean i promise! just being honest :~)

    i will catch up over the weekend! and i cant wait to see what you Phil, Herky and Yoyo have been up to!

    Hugs and thanks so much for all your comments! i appreciate it! :~)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment