Phil- pushed! 19/9/365

Phil- pushed! 19/9/365 by fragglerocks
Phil- pushed! 19/9/365, a photo by fragglerocks on Flickr.

The challenge for round 8 of the Get Pushed group was given to me by thisisray, a very accomplished photographer.

Ray's challenge to me went like this :-
"I noticed that you have lots of wonderful portraits and still lifes, but you use ambient light (I'm such a fan of this, by the way!). For this challenge, I'd like to see you do a proper portrait using your own lighting and no flash. Also, the background must be something interesting and work well with the subject. Good luck!"

This has been touch and go for me to get this done by the deadline tomorrow as I've been away most of last week for a work conference, then this weekend Phil and I went to Folkestone for a model show where he was entering 2 of his tanks (won 2 bronze medals). We came back late last night and due to work hours on my chaps part I only have had tonight to do this challenge. So here he is again, my wonderful assistant, sitting in his man-cave in front of his tanks and reference books- which may or may not be interesting depending on how you see tanks! As I wasn't allowed to use flash, and I don't have any proper photography lighting gear, I used the lights Phil uses for painting his models, and adjusted WB accordingly. I do think I needed a little more light to the darker side of his face, but it's not very big in there and we couldn't find anywhere to balance another angle lamp! Hope this counts as a 'proper' portrait Ray, and thanks for the push!

Comments