mermaids 25/8/365

mermaids 25/8/365 by fragglerocks
mermaids 25/8/365, a photo by fragglerocks on Flickr.

A few years back Phil bought me a candleholder consisting of 2 mermaids entwined, which is very beautiful. This is a detail from it, and I’ve played with potatoshop and been a bit arty farty with it. I like it anyway. Lots of driving today, went out to Stanhope which is a picturesque village surrounded by farmland and rolling hills and green trees. I didn’t have time to stop and take pictures, but I’ve clocked it as a future day out, if the weather holds. No rain on me today. Had a good day, signed up 2 new pharmacies and also gained a new client.

Phil’s been busy as he has 2 days off now, but we have guests coming to stay for 3 nights on Saturday so he’s been a busy chap with the housework. His older sister is having a big party on Sunday for their 40th wedding anniversary, and their younger sister Susan, her hubby and daughter + boyfriend are coming up from the Isle of Wight. The daughter, Rebecca has asked if they can stay with us – Susan will stay at Annettes- apparently we’re hip and groovy lol. Lots of family stuff then this weekend.

I’m not really a big family kind of person, having been brought up just me and mum, and then bringing up Ben on my own, and Ben’s Dad had a huge family and now I’m with Phil who has a huge family too. It can be a bit overwhelming, but I’m not an antisocial type so will do my best with it all. I think if it was down to me I’d live on a small uninhabited Island, somewhere warm and balmy with a pleasant climate, oh and maybe a couple of well oiled houseboys to do the housework and stuff while I troll around taking pictures of the sea and exotic shells and flowers and birds, maybe see a dolphin or a mermaid now and then and Phil plays his guitar and paints his tanks. Yes that’d do nicely. ☺

One can but dream….

Comments