I am NOT amused. 4/8/365

I am NOT amused. 4/8/365 by fragglerocks
I am NOT amused. 4/8/365, a photo by fragglerocks on Flickr.

Ah Yoyo, he’s driving us both mad since the onset of his senile doings. He’s still picky picky with what he will and won’t eat, and has taken to raw minced meat, but only if it’s pink, if it goes grey he won’t eat it. He won’t eat cat food either he just sniffs at it and then kicks the cupboard door a lot until we give him mince. And he is still living mostly in the bushes in our front garden, but when it rains he sits under my car- nearly ran him over yesterday but remembered just in time. But he won’t come out when you call him, so now if I want to go anywhere in the car and it’s raining I have to get a broom handle and chivvy him out from underneath. Did that this evening to go and get some milk and he sat in the rain in the bushes til I came back. He was soaking so I picked him up and wrapped him up in a towel to get him dried off. He wasn’t best pleased, but at least he’s indoors for now, having a wash on the sofa. His fur is so skanky, he gets matted up on his sides and belly, and whilst we can get at the sides and trim the lumps off, there’s no way we can get to his under carriage without severe blood loss on my part. Sigh.

I do miss how he used to be, a happy little chappy eating anything and always up for coming and sitting by you for tickles. If he was outdoors you could call him and he’d come trotting over and rub his head on your legs and come in for tea when it was time. He used to come and fetch us if it had gone past teatime! It makes me sad to see him just sitting under the bushes all day and night, and having to fetch him in. He doesn’t seem ill, or in pain, just not the Yoyo he used to be. It makes me cry to keep thinking of that so here’s a good place to stop.

On a good note the car is finally fixed. I have a new headlamp fitted, an MOT certificate and the bloody awful noise on the brakes has gone! Yay yay and thrice yay! Also the rep for Unitron aids came round this morning and we had a good session going through their new aids and software, and I got a price list and a discount rate plus some good stuff they do for independants, happy days in hearing aid land.

Comments