Happy Birthday to me...

Happy Birthday to me... by fragglerocks
Happy Birthday to me..., a photo by fragglerocks on Flickr.

Well my birthday is nearly over, and this is the shot I had planned for it. The Nikon D7000 has an ‘overlay’ feature so you can combine 3 images in camera instead of using potatoshop, as this baby is my birthday present I figured I’d try to use this feature, unfortunately as I’d imbibed a bit of the sparkly Rose wine featured in the pic, I knocked the tripod so the image wasn’t quite in the same place, hence the ghosting on the bottle and candles, would have taken it all again but the cat threw up and I could’nt be arsed lol. Anyway, I love the starburst lights which happened cos I shot it at F22, but they didn’t happen once I’d lit the candles, so I combined the 2 images to get candles and starbursts. If I’d not knocked the tripod I reckon it would have been a fine shot. Nevermind, learning curve on the incline with this. It’s majorly different from the D90 and has stuff like long exposure NR and high ISO NR and well just loads of stuff!!! Not sure I’ll be a better photographer for having it, but it’s definitely inspiring and I so love it already.

Other than that, rubbish birthday cos I was working and Phil was on a late shift. All birthdays ought to be on a weekend- will be making up for it at the weekend!!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab photo to sum up your birthday. Hope you enjoy the weekend celebrations, and have fun with the new toy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment