Eldon Square, Newcastle 1/8/365

Day 1 of my holiday with Phil and today we went to Newcastle. But first I took my car into the garage to have the noise removed from my brakes. Had a lovely day wandering around Ncle and took loads of photo’s, it makes you see things you hadn’t realised before. The architecture is fantastic in places, and very soviet-block concrete in others, some strange juxtapositions indeed. Whilst we were there we went into a music shop so Phil could moon over a Rickenbacker guitar, and had a pasty from Greggs for lunch. The garage phoned me to say they couldn’t hear a noise but had oiled everything anyway and to see how it goes for a couple of days. Oh-oh I thought, that doesn’t sound good. Anyway we had another couple of hours wandering and then headed home.

When I got the car back it’s making just as much noise as ever.. I think I’m going to be providing the garage workers with hearing aids!!! Anyway my new headlamp arrives tomorrow, so it’s booked in for its MOT and to have that replaced on Thursday, and I’m going to make the guy sit in the car with me and make him hear the noise!!! Grrr!!!!!

When we got back home we had to face the conservatory as the murdered ants had to be disposed of, everywhere had to be bleached, and then some ant powder to be inserted where they seem to be appearing from. Bless him Phil did most of that because I’m a girl! He’s gone out to play now with his tanky chums, they get together twice a month at the model club in Newcastle. I think they’re supposed to talk about and show each other their latest masterpieces, but mostly I think they have a good gossip and a laugh! Boys! ☺

Anyway this pic is of the modern Eldon Square building that fronts the shopping centre, I like the way the modern building reflects the old architecture.

Comments