richness 2/7/365

richness 2/7/365 by fragglerocks
richness 2/7/365, a photo by fragglerocks on Flickr.

Oh boy, I joined this group Get Pushed where you're paired up each week with a different tog, and you each challenge each other to shoot outside the comfort zone. This week I've been really pushed by the redoubtable Photocillin. As if that wasn't scary enough, he provided the following challenge which just about drove me insane!

For this weeks challenge convey the concept of "Richness"
using an aperture of f8.0 or smaller
to fit in a square crop
(bonus point if you can include someone not in you family in the shot)
macro shots will be accepted but I'll be frowning grudgingly ;-)

I really struggled with this, not so much the 'rich' part, but the concept part, and had ideas that didn't pan out at all, but finally I decided to go out in search of richness, and thought of the abundance of flowers in my local garden centre, and the richness of all that colour. So I asked the manageress if I could wander around photographing the flowers and she said yes, and I managed to take a shot with the person in the background who is not of my family.


Hope Photocillin thinks I've done him proud!!

Comments