masquerade 5/7/365

masquerade 5/7/365 by fragglerocks
masquerade 5/7/365, a photo by fragglerocks on Flickr.

Another unexpected eventful day! Set off for work today, liking my new brakes, only to notice the car was a bit juddery going through the gears. Figured had a bit of dirt going through the fuel pipe or something. Anyway got on to the A1 and when I got up to 60mph the car started shaking violently! Scary biscuits, so I pulled it back to 50 and it was Ok, but couldn’t do more than that, also it wouldn’t go up an incline with its usual oomph. Had to carry on as I had a client who’s aid was defunct & I’d promised to fix it today. When I got there, heart-a-thumping at all the carryings on with the car, I phoned the garage and told them. The guy freaked a bit and said it maybe they hadn’t tightened the wheelnuts and not to drive it till they were checked as they didn’t want the wheel coming off on me on the motorway!! EEEK! Anyway after I fixed Diane’s aid, I got the wheel brace out of the boot and checked all the nuts myself- no loose ones, phew! So I nursed it back home, still juddery and shaky and powerless, thinking this cant be down to brakes, and finally got it to the garage. So I asked them to fix it and do a full service, which they did, and it had been something called a coil – it was off. Guess it’s a lot better on!! Wasn’t too bad money wise, £150 which is half what Phil pays for his so I’m happy. Had to stay home all day though so got lots of work phone calls sorted out and stuff up to date, but the accounts are driving me batshit. It doesn’t help that my suppliers get things wrong, a lot, so its all a mess and I’m dreading November when its tax return time!!

Anyway, Phil nearly bought a Rickenbacker bass on ebay but didn’t- (phew) and is currently practicing Thunder’s “I’m a long way from home” – great band, great song but this is probably the 124th time he’s practiced it this evening. Still hitting bum notes but he’s determined. He’s doing it by ear-to the recording, not sheet music, which isn’t easy, I know because I learnt acoustic guitar by rewinding phrases of songs ad infinitum until I got it right. Thankfully the car is fine now and I can get back to work and be out for tomorrows practice session.

Oh yep, the photo- I’m getting old haha.

Comments