25/7/365

25/7/365 by fragglerocks
25/7/365, a photo by fragglerocks on Flickr.
So back to work today, and as busy as a tree, catching up and sorting stuff out.

But really death has been on my mind, with the killings of children in Norway, and the demise of Amy Winehouse. I’m ambivalent about Ms Winehouse, wasn’t a great fan of her or her music, although Love is a losing Game is a stand out song. It just seems such a waste with all her talent, great wealth, loving family and everything going for her, I find it hard to excuse her. I don’t mean to be unkind, but it’s all been done before, and seems so stupid. But I must not be judgemental, and I feel bad for her family.

The Norway thing is just beyond belief, none of the kids there were tormented souls on a downward slide, all had so much to live for, and it is so mindblowing to most of us I should think. The parents again are left with so much suffering now. People far cleverer than I will be dissecting this man every which way and presumably someone somewhere will try and make sense of it.

A very strange world we live in, harsh, incomprehensible and unforgiving yet also filled with so much beauty.

So I tried to express all that in my photo for today, but I probably haven’t done a great job!

Comments