16/7/365

16/7/365 by fragglerocks
16/7/365, a photo by fragglerocks on Flickr.

So this photo represents the first day of my holiday! And the forecast is more of the same. I so hope we get some nicer weather while Ben is up visiting, I rang him today and he’s sitting in his garden because it’s too hot indoors, and I’ve got a woolly pully on taking pictures of the deluge! Was hoping to get out and about with my camera today but it was just too bloody wet, grey and uninspiring. So I spent a long time faffing about in PS elements 9, and I have a nice picture to show for it tomorrow in the slider Sunday group. Phil worked an 8am til 9pm shift today, so a quiet day for me. Think he had a shit day cos he’s taken his bass guitar video and gone off to watch that with a glass of whisky.

Yoyo, god he’s driving us mad. After his trip to the vet, we put him on metacam hoping it would bring his appetite back, but he’s just so awkward! This morning he had a good amount of raw mince, but turned his nose up at posh cat food. This evening he wouldn’t eat anything at all, rejecting everything I put down but looking at me like he wanted feeding. Then he runs out and sits under a bush when the rain stops, and under my car when it’s pouring down. He just isn’t the same cat at all anymore. It’s so distressing. It feels like he’s at the end of his days. To make matters worse I did huge amounts of ironing tonight and watched a movie while I did so called “Marley & Me”- about a journalist who took on a puppy, and it covered how the dog stayed with him through all the changes in his life, until at the end the doggy was ill and had to be put down. Don’t think I’ve cried like that since forever!! Soppy date. I don’t recommend it to anyone who loves dogs or cats . ☺

I would love to have a dog, but with both of us working that wouldn’t be fair on the dog. Also Phil is really not a doggy person, though he loves cats, maybe one day when I’m retired. Would love a border collie and spend hours on the beach with it, but that’s just a dream and I’d be rubbish at looking after a dog really.

I also did the “put colour on hair to hide the grey” thing today. I hate doing it, it’s a right pain in the arse. But it looks nice for about 3 weeks til I have to do it again. For F’s sakes, they can send shuttles to outer space, cure loads of diseases, invent liposuction, plstic surgery and dermobrasion, but they can’t invent a pill that stops grey hair???

Comments