My Kaleidoscope 10/6/365

My Kaleidoscope by fragglerocks
My Kaleidoscope, a photo by fragglerocks on Flickr.
I’ve had a good & bad week really, good cos I got a fair few fittings done, and got paid, but rubbish because everyone I went to see had too much wax in their ears for me to test, so will have to go back and see them when they’ve had their ears syringed. Wax is a big problem in my job, you’re supposed to have wax in the ears, soft golden wax that coats the ear canal and provides the correct humidity for optimal sound travel, and it’s also bacteriostatic, so prevents ear infections. But when people get older the wax becomes dryer and forms hard wodges that prevent sound getting through. It’s a bummer getting old, so my clients tell me!!

I met with a manufacturer rep today and negotiated myself a better discount rate on their hearing aids, which was cool as I really prefer them, so will be happy doing sales for them.

Anyway now it’s the weekend, Phil starts night shift on Sunday night but we have a free weekend before they start. Tomorrow I’ll be doing homework, and hopefully can take a few pictures. I’ve been practicing my photoshop skills a little bit, so hopefully will have something to show for that ☺ I’m beginning to like layers, -hated them to start with as I couldn’t get the hang of them, but have a great book about Elements 9 and a fantastic magazine which gives you projects to practice, so am learning a lot from those.

And the kaleidoscope picture.. well I took an I-phone shot through it the other day, so thought it would be nice to show off the instrument. A long time ago I was in a relationship with a fantastic guy, and his uncle bought us the kaleidoscope for a Christmas present. When we inevitably split up, it went with the guy (I protested- I really wanted custody of it!!). We managed, after a while, to become really good friends, and when I moved up north, he gave it me back as a leaving present, to me it embodies one of the greatest relationships of my life, full of magic and colour and quirkiness. Of course now we are both very moved on, and rarely keep in touch, but I remember everything, and always will.

Comments

  1. "so my clients tell me"
    I suppose I could tell you as well :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment