Collared dove 18/6/365

Collared dove 18/6/365 by fragglerocks
Collared dove 18/6/365, a photo by fragglerocks on Flickr.

Saturday is one of my favorite days of the week and today has been lovely but rain rain rain all day. We got up late after reading the papers in bed with tea then coffee. Had a quick breakfast and then Phil’s daughter Shellie turned up with a Father’s day present – Apocalypse now on blu-ray – that’ll be harrowing I guess, lol. I went off to have my hair cut and then came home to play with my camera and practice more potatoeshoppery whilst Phil did some jamming on his bass guitar, Elvis Costello and The Who, sounds gorgeous. Have just cooked and eaten chicken & mushrooms & garlic in a creamy garlic & mushroom sauce (can’t have too much garlic or mushrooms in our house ☺ ) and we’re just finishing up and going to watch some TV with a glass of something nice.

The collared doves from down the way have taken over the no-bird table, and fended off a gang of starling thugs earlier on, I got this shot when one of them was reclaiming the territory, think it’s one of my better birdy shots.

Comments