24/6/365

24/6/365 by fragglerocks
24/6/365, a photo by fragglerocks on Flickr.
Bloody Nora! What a day. I went to Newcastle to the Royal Station Hotel today, to do the screening test, expecting to work my tits off (sorry) and it was nothing like it! For a start there are only 9 people booked in over the 2 days, 5 today and 4 tomorrow, so huge wodges of time with nothing to do. I went to the newsagent and got an Independent and a Times (don’t really like the Times – not a fan of Murdoch- but it does have some good stuff in it re sport). Anyway the best thing of it was the two solicitors that are running the day are an absolute hoot, plenty of banter and laughs, and they took me out to lunch during one of the wodges, and it was funny as **** to hear them doing the bloke thing. Really enjoyed it. Got home at 6pm, fed the cats, then had to go and visit the Queen of Vain, who was having problems with her aids and wasn’t keen to pay up because of it- of course she’d forgotten everything I’d told her about cleaning them, they were bunged up with wax, and I sorted them out easily enough. But she’s now decided they’re really too big (aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!) so am having to remake them- don’t think it’ll make any difference, but I’ve got to try. Anyway I was there sorting her out til 8.30pm, and had by that point lost the will to live. Unfortunately the Health Practitioners Council frown upon us strangling our clients, so deep breaths and wine are the only answer.

Hence this photograph! Hadn’t realised my wine glass is wonky til I took this shot, which is straight. When I have more time this will be I-pod Shuffled )INXS and added to the flickr group soundtrack Monday, which is just about my fave group on Flickr.

Not tonight though am in need of a bit of R&R with my man- Phil’s only got home at 9pm too from work, and is currently playing his bass – but not plugged in to the amp so am not sure what song he’s on. Practices in the quiet!!

One day that £1700 Rickenbacker is going to turn up- I can feel it in my bones!!!!

Comments