ramses 31/5/365


ramses 31/5/365, originally uploaded by fragglerocks.

Been a busy girl today, and am also really tired as I didn’t sleep well last night at all, so couldn’t really get much inspiration for a photo today. So I looked up May 31st on wiki, and found that on May 31st 1279 BC, Ramses II The great (19th dynasty) becomes pharaoh of Ancient Egypt. Don’t know how they figured out he was crowned on may 31st, as I’m pretty sure May wasn’t invented back then! But I guess they worked it out from historical stuff. Anyway Ancient Egypt is a wonderful thing for me and I’ve read a lot of stuff both History proper, and fictional history, regarding it, and Christian Jacq’s books about the aforementioned Ramses are excellent Also BBC1 are doing a programme last night and tonight about Egypts lost cities, where infra red aerial shots have shown up loads of new stuff so I’m going to watch it on BBC I player, it’s fascinating according to t hose who’ve already seen it.

Bit of a rubbish day work wise and a very long queue to get home through the Tyne Tunnel—apparently that was down to Take That playing at The Stadium of Shite in Sunderland and everyone trying to get there on time. I just wanted to go home! ☹ Never mind, it was nice and sunny, they played good tunes on the radio and my driving window arm got a tan!

Anyway, Happy Pharoah day everyone ☺

Comments