Mandarin Duck 2/4/365


Mandarin Duck, originally uploaded by fragglerocks.
I’ve been wanting to go to the Wetlands wildlife sanctuary at Washington for some time now, and today the weather was fine so I took my camera’s and headed out. Had a great time seeing loads of birds and watching them be silly. The best thing was that Phil came with me and carried my camera bag, and it as great to have company on my shoot.

This is my favorite shot of the day, and I’m also really impressed with my little Canon Powershot, which has a better zoom than my DSLR Nikon 18-105mm lens!

My only regret is that we couldn’t get in the hide to see the Heron’s- they’ve had babies so the hides were full of proper photographers and bird watches. Next time!!

Lessons learnt today:-
1) my best shots were with the canon on auto setting. That's a depressing fact when I spent so much more on a Nikon D90 DSLR I use on manual.
2) I love having my guy with me on a shoot, but it does prevent me doing my own thing completely. That's fine though, just fine.

Comments