Being arty farty with tulips 7/4/365

Been a while since I put thought to parchment, really as I’ve been away for a couple of days. Lots to think about.
Firstly it was cool to get a posh room for cheap at the Royal Clifton Hotel. It’s quite old fashioned, quintessentially English and the long corridors remind me of the movie Titanic. I love staying there, the breakfasts are lush. Also met Jason, the dispenser ‘darn sarf’ a funny little guy, he’s Jewish but apart from the skull cap I would not have known- not that it matters but he’s the first Jewish person I’ve properly met, pre-conceptions huh? He was just so English!! A nice bloke, going through a troubled divorce and now has a Phillipino girlfriend who sounds like a green eyed money-pit to be honest – but I digress. That’s actually quite a long digression haha. Anyway we went for a MacD’s (wish they hadn’t invented MacD’s, it’s so damned convenient when you’re out on the road all day- so love their cappuccino- do you think they put an addictive substance in them?) and chatted on , well Jason chatted on, he can gold-medal talk!

Monday was a meeting at work in our franchise company’s new offices (above a coffee bar/eaterie just bought by our new marketing director- his wife is going to run that). Cool discussions about the way things are going and are going to go, and an overall positive vibe. Had a demo by a Starkey guy, showing us their new Wi-Fi hearing aids, that you accessorise a wireless tv set box that transmits TV sound directly to the aids, hah! If you have a spare £6000!!!
Don’t think I’ll sell many ☺

Monday evening I shleped up another 190 miles to stay with my lad Ben, and his girl Kirstie, and my grandson Lewis. It was nice to see them, but I could write a book about how Ben’s life is, and it’s not for splattering on t’internet, some things have to be private, just to say I love him dearly and wish things were better for him. My No.1 grandson is a hoot, he is NOT happy having his photo taken and scowls at me when I point the camera his way! Love him to bits.

On Tuesday I got a call from the Chris Tarrant show on Radio 2- I’d sent in my list of songs for the “Battle of the oldies” section on his show and got picked to do it!! Also I won and they played all my fave oldie songs ☺ ☺ and my guy was off and heard me on the radio. That’s my Warhol 15minutes of fame.

Came home yesterday and had a lovely evening with my gorgeous guy, and then back to work today. I had a test with a nice lady who wants to hear better in her pensioners computer class, ☺ so am getting her a nice little aid, and had a gorgeous sunny drive through Northumberland to do a trial fitting of a pair of really cool aids. Fingers crossed he likes and buys them so I can periodically visit with him in the lovely house and setting him and his wife live in.

Am very excited as I’ve got a 4 page info spread in the Northumberland News going out today, and already have 19 appointments booked in ☺ It cost me £3480 for the 4 pages (it’s called a ‘wrap’) but should pay for itself and then some. The hardest thing in my job is to find the people who actually ‘want’ to hear better- you’d be amazed how many I test that don’t, and a wrap flushes them out so to speak, so am really looking forward to helping a lot of people.

Oh…about the photo- my daughter-in-law-to-be bought them for me for Mother’s day, and I had no inspiration today AGAIN!!! Grr, so tried some artistic lighting of the flowers, it all went to ratshit as the leaves all fell off before I got to do it, but I but I salvaged this one.

Comments