Red red rose. 31/3/365


Red red rose. 31/3/365, originally uploaded by fragglerocks.

My lovely man bought me some beautiful roses last week, as an apology for something he didn’t need to apologise for, lol, MEN! Anyway I’ve started doing the homework for my photography course and what a nightmare. Am so used to having my camera on manual and using the aperture setting for exposure, and the 1st homework involves using A/E and exposure compensation- there’s a button on the camera for that that I’ve just discovered!! Haha- typical me, running before I can walk!

Anyway the brief was to shoot a contrasting object against a dark or white background – 100 odd images later I ended up using a yellow peg on a black background, but initially fannied on with this rose. Of course the brief went out of the window and I ended up playing with light, hence this shot, which won’t be given in for the course haha.

It’s good to learn though and think about the technical side of things, and that’s why I’m doing it. Can’t go wrong when trying to evolve and improve I think. It’s been a rubbish work day, but it was sunny (though incredibly windy) so I don’t care.

Comments